Your basket is empty
Select one option from below and press 'Go'
<< Return to our list of tastings
South Africa Part 2
Date of tasting: 18/02/2010
Location: Old School House, Tittensor
The 2010 season of tastings kicks of with a ‘double header’ of South African wines.
In the year when South Africa is going to see more than its fair share of the spotlight, we thought it was high time we showed off the Old School range of Cape wines.
The observant amongst you will notice that it’s about the only major wine producing country never to have been given a dedicated tasting in the 4 years since we started our tastings programme.
First problem; we have around 40 Cape wines in our range, so while we’d like to show them all in one sitting, this really wouldn’t be practical. Hence the reason we’ve gone for 2 parts.
Each tasting will feature a different selection of South African wines from all the price brackets from good sound ‘Tuesday drinking’ at £5.99, through the good and interesting at over a tenner on to a few from the ‘top shelf’ at over £30-a-bottle.
Hopefully there will be something for everyone at each tasting, and for the enthusiast enough to warrant attending both tastings.
Full details of our South African range can be found at www.oldschoolwines.co.uk but for those who need their appetite whetting here are a few of the producers whose wines we’ll be showing over the two tastings:
• Eben Sadie, Malmesbury
• Paul Kretzel, Lammerschoek, Malmesbury
• Chris Williams at The Foundry, Stellenbosch
• Chris Williams (in his day job!) at Meerlust, Stellenbosch
• Michelle & Roelf du Preez, Bon Cap Estate, Robertson
• Fanus Bruwer , Quando, Robertson
• Gottfried Mocke, Cape Chamonix, Franschhoeck
• Marc Kent, Boekenhoutskloof Estate, Franschhoek
• Charles Hopkins, De Grendal Estate, Durbanville
• Tim Rands, Robertson Winery, Robertson
• Simon Barlow, Rustenberg Wines, Stellenbosch
• The House of Krone, Tulbagh
• Stephan Bassan, Babylon’s Peak, Swartland
• Rupert & Rothschild, Stellenbosch
• Albie Koch, De Toren, Stellenbosch
1/Porter Mill, Chenin Blanc
2/ Porcupine Ridge,Sauvignon Blanc
3/De Grendel, ‘Winifred’
6/Boekenhoutskloof, Semillon 2007
7/ Porcupine Ridge, Cabernet Sauvignon
8/The Wolf Trap
9/Aprilskloof, Red ‘Red’ Wine
10 / Robertson Winery, ‘No 1 Constitution Road’ Shiraz
11/The Chocolate Block
12/ Boekenhoutskloof, Syrah
Tickets for each tasting are priced at just £5 per person and limited to 35 per tasting. Available in advance in one of the following ways: